Saturday, August 13, 2011

Time Saver Recipes - Cucumber Salad

I have always loved cucumber salad. My parents are farmers and always have fresh produce in the garden in the summertime and extra help to feed. It seems like this dish was always on the table when I was growing up and probably still is today. I don't know that my mom uses a "recipe" for this, but I was able to find this one at www.allrecipes.com





Cucumber Salad

  • 4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon dried dill, or to taste



Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour over the cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold. This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour.


Enjoy!
Deena Davis

3 comments:

  1. Aw! Thanks for the 'shortcut'! I love cucumber salad soo much! I had them yesterday for break-fasting :)

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always loved this treat when growing up. Yummm!
    xoxo~Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share this evening. I love cucumber salad and not only does it look wonderful, I am sure it smells just as wonderful. I will give this recipe a try as well. This time of year here in the Phoenix desert it is so darn hot I just hate to have to cook on the stove. This could be thrown together with some meat from the grill. No inside cooking. Yeahhhh. Thanks for sharing sweetie.

    This is the Miracle Weekend makeover. I am one of the hosting sites. For every comment left, Guideposts magazine will pay a dollar, to the next cancer makeover patient. Please stop by and read the story about 9 year old Charlie, and bless me with a comment. Out goal between the 4 or 5 blogs is 5,000. I know we can do it. I would appreciate it, if you pass the word around to as many friends as possible.

    Thank you sweetie for a wonderful post. I love it. Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

    ReplyDelete