Monday, August 26, 2013

Jacquie's Up-Cycle Nation: Sweater Weather

Over the past two weeks I have been visiting Yale New Haven hospital to see my Dad (who is now home and recovering well!) Passing the gift shop every day I was comforted by the grinning funny faces of bright stuffed animals in the gift shop.  They brought to mind the simple joys of childhood, the comfort stuffed animals can bring to the child within, and an easy pattern I use for up-cycling old wool sweaters into brightly colored whimsical cats.
Being on the road I can't step out the process, but  you can view my sweater cat tutorial here.
I am not alone in my love of up-cycling discarded sweaters into new critter softies.  Check out these fabulous Etsy artists who work magic and bring once-cherished sweaters back into whimsical glory.
 
KLT Works offers fun for all ages.  Along with her threadwork and one of a kind baby items, these up-cycled sweater cats will steal your heart.
 Friendly monsters mingle in this up-cycle fantasy land!  My Friend Monster is home to sweet creations certain to chase away any doldrums.
For My Darling is known for the most imaginative mittens in all of Etsy land!  But between the hand warmers are birds that warm the soul.
LOVE & UP-CYCLE NATION!
Jacquie Wheeler
Hand of Bela Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment