Are you an organized crafter? Whether the answer is yes or no, maybe these 10 organizational tips will help you along your crafty way.
1. Store small objects, such as buttons, eyelets and beads in small clear containers, you can see what's in them at a glance.
2. Keep all your "like" objects in one place... scissors in one drawer, punches on a shelf, thread in one box. When you need a specific item, you'll know where to look.
3. Use stacking paper mache boxes to store items in. You can decorate them to match your decor and the things inside stay hidden and the space is less cluttered.
4. Make a "kit". If you are working on a project, find a box and put all your items for the project in it. When you're ready to work on it, everything will be there.
5. Are you a painter? Store paint with like colors together.
6. Avoid sewing malfunctions by taking a few practice stitches on a scrap of the fabric you'll be sewing.
7. Keep a threaded needle in your pin cushion. If you are ever in a hurry to sew on an emergency button, you'll thank yourself for doing it.
8. Do you have a lot of crafting to do tomorrow? Plan ahead and prepare a meal for dinner in the crockpot.
9. Using glue? Keep a tub of baby wipes or a damp washcloth handy to wipe off your fingers.
10. Put it away! When you're finished with tools and supplies, put them back where they belong, that way you'll be able to find it next time you need it.
Now it's your turn, leave us a comment with your favorite crafty tip. We'd love to hear from you.
Thank you for joining us!