This is one of our favorite holiday side dishes.
Sweet Potato Casserole
1 40 ounce can cut sweet potatoes or 3 lbs raw sweet potatoes
1 C. white sugar
1/3 c. butter
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
1/3 c. flour
1.3 c. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 2 quart baking dish with Pam.
2. Place the canned sweet potatoes and their liquid in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook 15 min. or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and mash.
If you are using raw sweet potatoes, skip this step and instead, wrap them in tin foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour or until soft. Peel the skins off and mash.
3. In a medium bowl mix the mashed sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, 1/3 c. butter, milk and vanilla. Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
4. In a separate bowl mix the brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour and melted butter. Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
5. Bake 35 minutes in a preheated oven.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.