Here are a few ideas:
- Remove skunk odor from pets. Rub their fur with full strength vinegar and rinse.
- Get rid of lint in clothes. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
- Deodorant and anti-perspirants stains may be removed from clothing by lightly rubbing with distilled vinegar and laundering as usual.
- To unclog a drain. Pour a handful of baking soda down the drain and add 1/2 cup of vinegar. Rinse with hot water.
- Boil better eggs by adding 2 tablespoons water before boiling. This keeps them from cracking.
- Cotton and wool blankets become soft, fluffy and free of soap odor if 2 cups of distilled vinegar are added to the rinse cycle of the wash.
- Clean dentures by soaking them overnight in vinegar, then brush away tartar with a toothbrush.
- Treat sinus infections and chest colds. Add 1/4 cup or more vinegar to the vaporizer.
- Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards by wiping with full strength vinegar.
- No-wax vinyl floors will shine better if wiped with a solution of 1/2 cup of white vinegar in 1/2 gallon of water.
- Make buttermilk. Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of milk and let it stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Plastic can be cleaned and made anti-static by wiping down with a solution of 1 tablespoon of distilled vinegar to 1 gallon of water. This will cut down on the plastics' tendency to attract dust.
- Cleaning windows by using undiluted Vinegar in a spray bottle. Dry off with newspaper.
- Turn a chicken bone into rubber by soaking it in a glass of vinegar for three days. It will bend like rubber. Great fun for kids!
- Clean eyeglasses by wiping each lens with a drop of vinegar.
- Clean the shelves and walls of your refridgerator with a solution of half water and half vinegar.
- To remove old paint from paint brushes place brushes in a pot with vinegar. Soak for an hour, then turn on the stove and bring the vinegar to a simmer. Drain and rinse clean.
- To get rid of lime buildup, make a paste of 1 teaspoon vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Apply to sink fixtures and rub with a cloth.
- Pour a cup or more of diluted white distilled vinegar into the toilet bowl. Let sit several hours or overnight. Scrub well with a toilet brush and flush.
- In the bathroom, spray full-strength vinegar around the sink and tub. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Thanks for joining us today.