Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trend Spotting ---- Ruffles

Today's hot trend is all about ruffles.   Ruffles first hit the runway in 2008.

By 2009 they were on bridal gowns.




This year I am seeing them on pillows, purses, skirts, blouses.


Would you like to learn how to try your hand at making something with ruffles?

This seems to be really hot right now.    Ruffled purses.

Here is a tutorial to make a ruffle shoulder bag at Mama Lusco.


Or and oversized ruffle tote at  Parasol Co.




Here is an easy ruffled pillow made with ruffled lace at All Things Thrifty.


And here is a really unique use of ruffles.   Add them to your shoes.

The tutorial for these is found on Love Maegan.





I hope you enjoyed reading about ruffles today.
Bette Shaw
www.byyourhands.com

2 comments:

  1. I was just noticing that myself--all the ruffles out there these days! I do love the tiered ruffle look on clothing and accessories, so sweet and a little 1920's feeling. Thanks for the links to the fun tutorials.
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tutorials, I'm going to try my hand at the ruffeled purse!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete